This course is designed to give students an overview of Engineering Technology and the career options this profession provides. This course highlights the technical specializations within the Engineering Technology degree at NMC. Course topics also include engineering design methods, project management principles and practices, team work skills, engineering ethics, and the role of engineering in global and environmental issues. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Placement into MTH 23
and ENG 99
/108 or higher.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe the variety of careers available within the engineering field.
- Build an online profile that aligns their career interests.
- Analyze job requirements and identify the appropriate equipment to complete the project.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Reflect on their role in a potential Eng Tech profession.
Learning How to Learn:
- Apply moral frameworks to case studies in technology.
- Identify the skills to be workforce ready based on their explorations of their interests and career options.