This course will provide the aeronautical knowledge required of a private pilot and prepare the student to take the FAA Private Pilot written examination. Topics include: aerodynamics, engine and aircraft systems, airport operations, weight and balance, aircraft performance, Federal Aviation Regulations, meteorology, airspace, navigation, and flight physiology. Group 2 course.
Instructor Permission Required
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Apply knowledge on the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge test.
- Demonstrate their knowledge as it applies to private pilot operations.
- Incorporate problem solving strategies based on course concepts in aviation related situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize themselves as pilots and decision makers.
Learning How to Learn:
- Develop an increased appreciation of the importance for pilots to possess a solid foundation of aviation knowledge.
- Recognize the importance of self-learning to continually develop themselves as safe and current pilots.