The purpose of the internship is to provide on-the-job training for the student who wishes to pursue a career in Accounting. The internship will be customized to meet the learning needs of the student and the job requirements of the sponsoring firm. Students spend 10-15 hours per week in this paid or unpaid, supervised on-the-job training experience. In addition to the required 50 hours per credit in a work site, students will meet with the Experiential Coordinator as needed throughout the semester for internship support and feedback, review of professional employment documents and an internship exit interview. Students must apply one month prior to the semester in which they will complete the internship. Group 2 course.
12 semester credits in accounting in addition to a spreadsheet course. This internship requires the approval of the accounting instructor, a GPA of 3.0 in accounting and a minimum of eight hours per week spent on-site.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies ACC 221
, ACC 222
, MTH 111
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify knowledge of business operations, and procedures.
- Apply interpersonal skills in a professional setting.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Transfer academic knowledge to the workplace and technical competencies in their area of interest.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Apply best practices of social responsibility including ethical standards.
Learning How to Learn:
- Experience realistic job previews connecting academic work and employment.
- Evaluate their learning in the context of their profession.