This course will focus on creative website design including site planning, interactive navigation, web fonts, information design theory, file management, and user experience (UX). Students will learn industry best practices and develop a basic process by which any web design challenge should be approached. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites VCA 127
, VCA 150
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies VCA 125
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify tools and methods used to create live websites.
- Evolve holistic design methodologies into web design structure, issues and processes.
- Develop websites from conception to completion.
- Develop websites using design industry software and computer peripherals.
- Present completed web based projects that illustrate problem solving and web best practices.
- Articulate advanced web site requirements to web programmers and other team members.
- Express an appreciation for the role advanced programming languages play in the website creation process.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Critique projects with peers and industry insiders.
Learning How to Learn:
- Identify skill sets required of members in web development teams.
- Express an appreciation for well-designed web sites.
- Frame useful questions for developing technical skills.
- Interact constructively during critiques and discussions.