This course provides an introduction to plumbing. Through structured classroom and hands-on skill building, the student will learn the tools of the trade, plumbing safety, how to solder and braze copper tubing, piping skills and trade mathematics. Group 2 course.
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies
Placement into MTH 23
and ENG 11
/111 or co-enrollment in the recommended developmental Math and English course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain construction safety.
- Describe basic brazing and soldering techniques.
- Identify plumbing tools.
- Demonstrate how to safely use hand tools.
- Apply safety procedures on a jobsite.
- Perform basic brazing and soldering on copper tubing.
- Distinguish the relationship between attendance and tardiness to a job.
- Relate the consequences for not observing safety.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Recognize how your decisions will affect others.
- Reflect on the effects of work ethic.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the variety of job opportunities as a plumber.
- Recognize the need for water purity in the plumbing industry.
- Apply course concepts to real life situations.