This course is a requirement for the Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Administration. The objective of the internship is to assess the Business Administration Program Outcomes, and to provide an on-the-job experience for the student pursuing a career in business. At the end of the semester students take a third party assessment to measure their knowledge of business operations, the business organization and business procedures. Students will spend 150 hours over the semester in a supervised training experience. In addition students will meet with the Experiential Learning Coordinator as needed throughout the semester for: internship support, feedback, review of professional employment documents and an internship exit interview. Group 2 course.
30 credit hours towards program requirements and a 2.0 GPA in occupational courses
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Knowledge of business operations, and procedures.
- Apply interpersonal skills in a professional setting.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Will transfer academic knowledge to the workplace and technical competencies in their area of interest.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Apply best practices of social responsibility including ethical standards.
Learning How to Learn:
- Experience realistic job previews connecting academic work and employment.
- Evaluate their learning in the context of their profession.