This course builds upon database knowledge gained in CIT178 by extending into other data sources and connection technologies. Students will be able to identify and evaluate data options and access data via code. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 110
, CIT 180
and either CIT 178
or CIT 248, all with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe how to connect and update database files through code.
- Use scripts to modify database files.
- Use scripting languages to code a series of complex database tasks.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Give and receive feedback in an appropriate manner.
Learning How to Learn:
- Describe security problems with modifying database files in server-side web programming.
- Engage in self-directed learning.