A first exposure to the world of computer applications in business, this course covers the hands-on use of word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation graphics programs. In addition, the Windows operating system, file and folder management, basic concepts, terminology and security threats will be covered. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Communications - Direct, Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define computer related terminology.
- Create files using MS Office.
- Update files using MS Office.
- Maintain an electronic file and folder structure containing course files.
- Transfer knowledge of the MS Office suite to real-life situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify ways MS Office is used in industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Describe how to minimize security risk.
- Use various types of software in real life situations.