In this course students will take an in-depth look at Linux, focusing on proper installation, command line usage, and administration of the operating system. Students will examine various server technologies, including BASH scripting, X11, display managers, localization settings, printing, and security. Exploration will take the form of a practical, hands-on approach, using a mix of hands-on projects as well as web resources. This course will prepare students for the second CompTIA Linux+ exam. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 256
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the functioning of advanced Linux operating system features.
- Administrate a Linux operating system as a server to perform identified tasks.
- Apply conceptual knowledge to real-world situations.
- Problem-solve independently.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate as team members and leaders using soft skills to achieve desired outcomes.
Learning How to Learn:
- Acknowledge that learning new technology can be disconcerting.
- Reflect on how their role within an organization and community impact the productivity of others.
- Approach ethical dilemmas with integrity.
- Acknowledge that technology is constantly changing requiring varied skillsets.
- Apply their knowledge to future certifications.