Yoga is postural work emphasizing precise and careful body alignment and maximum spinal extension. Yoga works through the concreteness of the body to teach balance and integration. It is an effective way to stretch and strengthen the body. Using movement and breath, yoga brings a therapeutic calm to the body and mind, releasing stress and bringing relaxation. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Explain the purpose of Yoga practice.
- Demonstrate basic breathing techniques.
- Demonstrate basic yoga poses.
- Demonstrate basic poses with proper breathing techniques.
- Integrate poses, breathing and relaxation techniques.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Reflect on the importance of inner balance created by doing Yoga.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate caring by respecting other's space while doing Yoga within community settings.
- Utilize Yoga to benefit their health in daily practice.