This course is an introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT). Students will prototype sensors, actuators, and interfaces to create automated solutions that communicate via the Internet. Students will capture data, apply analytics, and present business value. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites RAM 155
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct, Quantitative Reasoning
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Structure data from sensors to create information about the physical world.
- Communicate between systems using Internet services.
- Analyze data to create value.
- Interpret problem statements.
- Use problem solving to address challenges and create solutions.
- Describe opportunities and challenges of Iot.
- Describe aspects of security.
- Interpret insights from data.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss the impact of Internet connectivity.
Learning How to Learn:
- Describe how digitalization is changing markets.
- Experience emerging technology.