In this course, students will work in small teams with realizable objectives in several areas including risk management, security architecture, security operations, security integration, and security collaboration. Students will conceptualize, engineer, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to create a resilient enterprise. This course aligns with the CompTIA CASP+ certification exam. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites CIT 263
, CIT 264
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies CIT 256
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe network security threats and defense mechanisms.
- Identify tools required in network defense.
- Discuss security assessments and tools as they apply to industry.
- Demonstrate security mechanisms in enterprise-level deployments.
- Administer high-level security protocols.
- Apply knowledge to real-world situations.
- Integrate knowledge from multiple security courses to develop in-depth solutions.
- Evaluate potential for integration with hosts, storage, cloud, virtualization, authentication and authorization services.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Collaborate in small teams to achieve desired outcomes.
Learning How to Learn:
- Explore the impact of security decisions on business work flows.
- Evaluate ethical dilemmas as they apply in a business environment.
- Acknowledge the ever-changing role of IT in business environments requiring evolving skillsets.
- Apply knowledge to future certification exams.