This course covers basic electricity, circuits, testing equipment, and solid state electronics. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AT 100
-may be taken concurrently
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Describe electrical basics using current automotive system nomenclature including electricity, circuits, testing equipment, and solid state electronics.
- Use the results of diagnostic strategies to service automotive starting and charging systems.
- Use problem solving strategies to resolve basic automotive charging and starting systems.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Discuss course concepts relating to brake systems.
Learning How to Learn:
- Demonstrate care by using the recommended shop procedures when servicing a vehicle.
- Demonstrate mastery of solid state electronics diagnostic tests and repair through passing the written testing modeling after state testing.