This course enables students to complete Module 2 subjects towards the EASA ATPL (A) Pilot License. Subject areas covered include Radio Navigation, Aircraft General Knowledge, Air Law, Flight Planning and Communications. Once students successfully complete the course lessons, progress tests and final exam, they will obtain the necessary sign off to then take Module 2 EASA ground school exams. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVG 282
, FAA Commercial Pilot License.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Define aircraft general knowledge, radio navigation, air law, flight planning and communication terminology.
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to earn the EASA ATPL (A) Pilot License.
- Apply course concepts to real life scenarios in the cockpit.
- Analyze situations encountered in the cockpit.
- Solve critical problems encountered in the cockpit.
- Connect the ways in which radio navigation, air law, and flight planning can impact one another.
Caring – Civic Learning:
- Communicate and collaborate with a team of learners.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the impact pilot training has on aviation safety for other pilots, passengers, and the wider community.
- Monitor and self-assess progress in the online learning environment.
- Reflect on learning preferences and being successful in the online environment.