This course introduces database management using Microsoft Access. Students will design, construct, and administer databases. Students will create and modify database objects including tables, queries, forms and reports. Students will enter, delete, modify, import, and export data. Students will configure database features such as security and backup. Course content is mapped to the current Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Access learning objectives and students enrolled in this course will take the certification exam. Group 2 course.
General Education Outcomes supported by this course
Critical Thinking - Direct
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify database concepts.
- Identify industry standards including best-practice guidelines.
- Create database objects.
- Modify database objects.
- Maintain an electronic file and folder structure containing course files.
- Integrate knowledge of MS Access with real-life situations.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Identify various ways MS Access is used in industry.
Learning How to Learn:
- Research database features of interest to share with others.
- Identify sites that explain database concepts.