Through structured lecture and practical skill building, students will become familiar with Solar Photovoltaic applications, solar radiation, basics of a site survey, system components, system sizing, and preparation of a solar installation. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites ELE 105
Recommended Prerequisites or Skills Competencies MTH 23
or placement into MTH 111
, ENG 111
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify basic components that make up a solar PV system.
- Describe types of configurations for a solar PV system.
- Show how to conduct a site survey.
- Tabulate the math involved in conducting an accurate system sizing.
- Find databases of equipment and components.
- Find current events pertaining to specific subjects.
- Design the placement of a solar PV system.
- Develop a proposal for a customer integrating areas of planning, budgeting, and marketing.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Illustrate the functionality of the product.
- Communicate with customers about energy savings and return on investment of a solar PV system.
Learning How to Learn:
- Assess the impact of fossil fuel development and its future.
- Reflect on weekly research done on topics of current events directly related to the reading.