This ground school and simulator course will provide the foundation training on the Textron Aerosonde UAS platform, one of the leading UAS platforms in the U.S. Students will learn the systems and operational procedures along with in-depth simulator training that will prepare them for the Aerosonde UAS Flight Course. Group 2 course.
Required Prerequisites AVF 211
may be taken concurrently
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Learn advanced aircraft systems and components along with advancing their flight skills and coordination. This specialized knowledge will prepare students for the UAS industry after graduation.
- Develop thinking and applied learning skills through simulations, demonstrations, and classroom assessments.
- Apply what they are learning to real life scenarios. Decision making will play a large role in applying what they have learned.
- Analyze situations and chose different outcomes.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Learn about themselves and what it takes to succeed in the UAS industry.
- Evaluate themselves on their skill and knowledge level and assess their deficiencies.
Learning How to Learn:
- Reflect on how their decisions and actions impact their aircraft, its sensors and people on the ground.
- Recognize the need for ensuring a culture of aviation safety and public perception of the unmanned aircraft industry.
- Learn what it's like to receive manufacturer specific training. This course is identical to the training environment a student would receive when working for a large UAS manufacturer.
- Learn the preparation necessary and professionalism needed for this occupation.