This course is designed to acquaint the student who plans a career in the automotive service industry with the duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and problems of service department manager. The student will learn general shop organization, types of service, and cost and returns by department. Time will be devoted to employer-employee and customer relations, and instruction in the use of the service manual. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Identify the responsibilities of an automotive service department manager.
- Perform administrative operation skills as a service department manager.
- Evaluate the requirements of automotive service department managers and related careers.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Describe the operational problems encountered by management and labor in the operation of a service department repair facility.
- See themselves as an automobile service department manager.
Learning How to Learn:
- Relate present and past employer/employee and customer relations with future service department success in operations.
- Correlate their various customer relations experiences with success in future service department operations.
- Describe the role of a service manager.