An online course structured to provide the aeronautical knowledge required of a remote pilot and to prepare the student to take the FAA Unmanned Aircraft General written examination. Topics include: airport operations, aircraft performance, regulations, meteorology, airspace, maintenance, sUAS operations, risk assessment/management. This course will be completed upon the student passing the FAA Unmanned Aircraft General written examination. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Obtain the requisite knowledge to become an FAA certificated Remote Pilot Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS).
- Explain key concepts related to remote piloting.
- Demonstrate mastery of the course content by analyzing case studies and determining the appropriate course of action.
- Analyze scenarios to determine an appropriate course of action.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS), criticize implications of unsafe UAS operations and will come to see themselves as wielding technology which requires discipline and sound judgment.
- Recognize their responsibilities in wielding technology with discipline and sound judgment to ensure safe UAS operations.
Learning How to Learn:
- Recognize the need for ensuring a culture of safety and regulatory compliance Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS).
- Per the FAA recurrent training requirements, integrate prior learning and experiences to provided scenarios.
- Implement their own positive study habits for recurrent training requirements of the FAA.