Students will be introduced to the world of Unmanned Aerial Systems. This course takes a look at everything from current Unmanned Aircraft Systems to future civilian applications. In addition to learning about this new industry, students will be introduced to flying remotely piloted aircraft and operating entry level Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Group 2 course.
Course Learning Outcomes Knowledge:
- Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS), explain Remote Pilot Areas of Operation in accordance with ACS requirements.
- Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS), demonstrate competences on Remote Pilot Areas of Operation during ground and flight evolutions in accordance with ACS requirements.
- Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS), use problem solving strategies when mitigating risks encompassing personal minimums and maintaining fitness to fly in accordance with ACS requirements.
Caring - Civic Learning:
- Per the FAA Airmen Certification Standards (ACS), evaluate their fitness to fly illustrating sound decision making and judgment.
Learning How to Learn:
- Describe how their decisions and actions impact their aircraft, its sensors and people on the ground.
- Recognize the need for ensuring aviation safety and public perception of the unmanned aircraft industry.
- Per the FAA recurrent training requirements, integrate prior learning and experiences to provided scenarios.
- Implement their own positive study habits for recurrent training requirements of the FAA.