Northwestern Michigan College
1701 East Front Street
Traverse City, Michigan 49686
(231) 995-1000 or
(231) 995-1038 TDD
(Telecommunications Device for the Deaf)
Call toll-free (800) 748-0566
NMC Board of Trustees
Chris M. Bott - Chair
Rachel A. Johnson - Vice Chair
Kenneth E. Warner - Secretary
Laura J. Oblinger - Treasurer
Douglas S. Bishop
Kennard R. Weaver
James J. Beckett, 1962-1996
Shirley S. Okerstrom, 1978-2000
Nick Nissley, Ed.D.
Northwestern Michigan College provides lifelong learning opportunities to our communities.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- American Culinary Federation
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Bureau of Automotive Regulation - State of Michigan
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs as recommended by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- Electrical Apprenticeship Program with the State of Michigan
- Federal Aviation Administration / Federal Aviation Regulation Part 141 approved
- Great Lakes Maritime Academy approved by the United States Coast Guard as regulated and audited by the United States Maritime Administration
- Michigan Board of Nursing
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards
Northwestern Michigan College does not discriminate in admission, campus activities, education, employment, housing, public accommodation or public service on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, height, marital or familial status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, service in the military, veteran’s status, weight, or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law. No act of retaliation shall occur to any person making a charge, filing a complaint, testifying or participating in any discrimination investigation or proceeding.
This catalog is in effect starting Fall Semester 2021 through Summer Semester 2022. The contents of this catalog are accurate at the time of publishing, March 2021. The NMC Board of Trustees reserves the right to make changes without notice.